Exploring Modern Jewish Food Ethics Through the Example of Our Muslim Brothers
TV & DVD or other technology to view film
pencils or pens
1) Watch the Chapter "Food For Faith" from the movie Renewal, www.renewalproject.net. (See preview below)
Direct Students to jot down each of the ideas they hear that they think is also a Jewish value.
2) Divide into groups of 3 – 5 students
3) Distribute the Jewish food ethics text sheets, 1 per person.
4) Ask each group to read and discuss 3 or 4 quotes from an assigned section of the worksheet
5) Ask students to present the values that there quotes taught making sure to include where in the movie they saw similar values in practice
Materials developed by Noam Dolgin, www.noamdolgin.com.
All content is subject to the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. (Ie. Tell other where you got it from and don't sell it)
Got something to say?
You must be logged in to post a comment.