What Would Herzl Do? Zionism and Muslim-Jewish Dialogue
By David Krantz.
SARAJEVO (Sept. 1, 2013) — What happens when Jews sit down in the same room with Muslims? We ask lots of questions.
The Muslims ask:
- What is the significance of the kippah?
- Why can’t you do anything on Shabbat?
- And what is Zionism?
The Jews ask:
- What does it mean for you to cover your hair?
- What is the range of opinions in Islam about homosexuality?
- What would your ideal solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict be?
And in a twist on the classical Christian question, a Zionist asks: What would Herzl do?