A dozen links to reports and articles on climate threats and why shifts to vegan diets are essential to efforts to avert a climate catastrophe
1. Article by Richard Schwartz: Climate Change: An Existential Threat to the US, Israel, and the World
2. Article about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s October 2018 warning :that the world has until 2030 to make major, unprecedented changes to avert catastrophic climate events by 2040
3. Report in November 2018 from 13 US agencies and departments warns climate change will have devastating effects on the US environment and economy
4. Article about the Trump administration’s statement in a US National Highway Transportation Safety Administration report that the average world temperature increase will ‘inevitably’ be seven degrees Fahrenheit by 2100:
5. Trump does not believe his own administration’s 13 agency’s and department’s November 2018 climate report
Trump doesn’t ‘believe’ his own administration’s climate report
6. Article about the 2015 Paris climate change conference at which ALL the 195 nations attending agreed that immediate major steps must be taken to avert a climate catastrophe.
7 Article about the importance of reducing meat consumption to reduce greenhouse gas emissions:
8. Article about why climate change is making hurricanes more severe
9. Article about how self-reinforcing positive feedback loops (vicious cycles) may lead to a disastrous, irreversible climate tipping point.
10. How climate deniers are risking civilisation for profit, ideology, and ego
11. UN Food and Agriculture Report, “Livestock’s Long Shadow.” concludes that animal-based agriculture emits more greenhouse gases in CO2 equivalents, than all the cars, ships, planes, and all the other means of transportation worldwide combined.
12. Cover story in World Watch magazine by two environmentalists associated with the World Bank, “Livestock and Climate Change,” concludes that the livestock sector is responsible for at least 51% of all human-induced greenhouse gas emissions.
Got something to say?
You must be logged in to post a comment.