- This event has passed.
From Uncertainty to Action: What You Can Do About Climate Change
May 17, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT$18
The Jewish Climate Action Network (JCAN) is sponsoring its first conference, a time for community members from across New England concerned about climate change to come together. The conference will focus on a Jewish response to climate change, ideas for action, and how climate change is fundamentally a social justice issue. It will provide organized opportunities to connect with others interested in working together.
Summery of the conference:
- Panel exploring what Judaism adds to our understanding and ability to respond to climate change
- Two rounds of workshops, each of which will provide concrete information about a specific way to respond to the threat of climate change and to connect with others
- Opportunity to speak with community organizations and businesses involved in environmental work
- Special workshop for teens and tweens
- Short wrap-up program highlighting what has been accomplished and providing a send off
- Facilitation of informal gatherings for dinner at nearby restaurants those who want to continue the conversations.
A schedule and descriptions of workshops and bios of workshop leaders can be found at http://www.jewishclimate.org/may-2015-conference.html
When: Sunday, May 17, 3-7 PM
Where: Hebrew College, Herrick Road, Newton
Cost: $18 donation (optional); students are free.
Co-sponsors include: Hebrew College, Center for Global Judaism, Hazon, LimmudBoston, Shomrei Bereshit: Rabbis and Cantors for the Earth, and others.