An Exploration of Jewish Values Related to Climate Change
Goal: To introduce students to a wide variety of Jewish environmental teachings related to the climate crisis in an interactive program.
Duration: 30 minutes
Materials: Discussion sheets; Props
Audience: Grades 4+
If shema says listen to the commandments and to avoid global problems, let’s see what the commandments say?
1) Divide students into five groups, and have them sit in small circles.
2) Distribute discussion sheets to each group. Each group should receive a different discussion sheet. Distribute at least one copy for every 2 students
3) Ask students to read and discuss the texts and stories using the discussion questions at the bottom of the page.
4) Direct groups to develop a 30 second commercial or ‘public service announcement’ that teaches the lessons in one or more of the texts
5) Present skits, discuss each theme after completion of individual skits.
All content is subject to the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. (Ie. Tell other where you got it from and don't sell it)