Tzar Baalei Chayim Activity – Jewish Laws Concerning Animal Wellbeing
Goal: To familiarize students with Jewish laws concerning animal well being.
Duration: 20-30 minutes
Materials: Worksheets; Pens, pencils, markers or crayons
Audience: Grades 1-4
1) Divide students into groups of three
2) Pass out worksheets (below) with an individual Jewish law (chosen from list below) related to animals. Be sure to attach or copy a law from the list onto each group’s worksheet before the activity begins.
3) Explain the question to students if necessary
4) Share/discuss drawings and answers
5) Perform commercials/skits
Materials developed by Noam Dolgin, www.noamdolgin.com.
All content is subject to the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. (Ie. Tell other where you got it from and don't sell it)
Got something to say?
You must be logged in to post a comment.