Leadership Training at Teva!
Are you educating the Jewish community about protecting the environment? Have you faced challenges with:
- motivating people into action?
- inspiring people who don’t share your values?
- moving a community to activism and shared commitment?
Jewcology is partnering with the Teva Seminar on Jewish Environmental Education to bring back our engaging and effective Leadership Training, in partnership with educators from Harvard University and Jewish environmental leaders. In 2011, this leadership training was conducted at the Kayam Beit Midrash on March 14 and the Teva Seminar on Jewish Environmental Education on June 2, and the Hazon Food Conference on August 21.
In 2011, nearly 50 Jewish environmental leaders were empowered to tell their stories and the stories of their communities, and to motivate their communities to meaningful, shared action.
At the Jewcology Leadership Training, you will:
- learn how to share the experiences and values that have led you to engage in Jewish environmental education and action.
- gain skills to help you tell your personal story in a way that connects you with others and clearly expresses your purpose.
- practice using these values & commitments to connect with a wide range of individuals and groups.
- develop your ability to inspire diverse audiences to take meaningful, collective action.
|Work-trade scholarships are available to support your participation in this program! Teva offers work-trade agreements, which take place at the seminar, to offset your total cost. Learn more on the Teva registration page. Jewcology is also offering work trade agreements. Learn More and Apply for Jewcology work-trade scholarship.|
Date: Thursday, June 14
Time: 9:00 am-5:00pm
Location: Surprise Lake Camp, located about an hour from New York City.
Attendance Options & Costs:
1) Register for the entire Teva Seminar and add-on the Leadership Training day for only $80!
2) Register for the Leadership Training Commuter rate: $120 (includes breakfast buffet, lunch & dinner on 6/14).
3) Register for the Leadership Training as an overnight guest: $180 (includes 4 meals, overnight stay on 6/14, round-trip train shuttle transport, & morning programming on Friday, June 15th).
Register here! (via the Teva Seminar website)
*This program is generously supported by the ROI Community global network of young Jewish innovators.*
The annual Teva Seminar on Jewish Environmental Education is the premiere professional development opportunity for adults of all ages to explore Jewish environmental education, nature connection, ecological sustainability, gardening and more. The Seminar is a program of the Teva Learning Alliance, an educational non-profit that strives to fundamentally transform Jewish education through experiential learning that fosters Jewish and ecological sustainability.
Member since 2010
The Jewcology Team was created to develop and manage the Jewcology site! Our posts represent messages and tools for the entire field.