Eden Village Camp is Hiring!
About Eden Village Camp: Eden Village Camp aims to be a living model of a thriving, sustainable Jewish community, grounded in social responsibility and inspired Jewish spiritual life. By bringing the wisdom of our tradition to the environmental, social, and personal issues important to today’s young people, we practice a Judaism that is substantive and relevant. Through our Jewish environmental and service-learning curricula, joyful Shabbat observance, pluralistic Jewish expression, and inspiring, diverse staff role models, we foster our campers’ positive Jewish identity and genuine commitment to tikkun olam (healing the world). Our 2 acre educational farm and orchard are based on principles of permaculture, sustainable and organic farming. We produce annual vegetables, perennials, and tend educational gardens as well as animals.
Farmer Educator Job Description at Eden Village Camp
- Conducting daily work in the growing spaces, including annual production fields, educational gardens, fruit tree orchard, and animals
- Alongside Farm Director, create crop plan for all growing spaces for 2016 season
- Directing farm apprentices, campers, staff, and volunteers in meaningful, educational, engaging, and productive farm projects
- Overseeing educational gardens on the farm and other gardens on the site (ie, Director’s House Garden, Calendar Garden, and smaller site gardens)
- Maintaining all livestock and developing further plans for animal care
- Maintaining site-wide composting system
- Maintaining appropriate care of all farm related tools, machinery, facilities and equipment
- Increase beautiful and informative signs in growing spaces
- Participate in development of programming on and off-site
- Farm Educator in programming both on-site and off-site.
- Contribute in planning and preparing for Apprenticeship 2016
- Training of Farm Educator Apprentices in Farm-based education.
- Leading and participating in ongoing farm staff meetings, check ins, and group practices
- Participate fully in our 8-week summer camp as a Farm Specialist
- Create and teach chuggim (special interest activities) during camp
- Worked at least 1 full farm growing season
- Has educator experience, either in the experiential field or classroom
- Has experience with curriculum development
- Perennials or orcharding experience is not required, but is preferred
- Is open to living in a Jewish pluralistic setting
- Salary varies depending on applicant experience
- Benefits included
- Paid vacation included
** This position can vary depending on the applicant. If you have some, but not all of these requirements and are interested, please be in touch as the position is open to adaptation.
For inquiries or to apply, please contact Farm Director Avi at email@example.com
For more general information about our camp and other programs, please visit our website: www.edenvillagecamp.org