Request That People Share PDFs of My Latest Book, VEGAN REVOLUTION: SAVING OUR WORLD, REVITALIZING JUDAISM With Many of Their Contacts
Please do me a big, important favor that would take you just a few minutes, cost you nothing, and have a potentially transformative positive impact on our imperiled planet/MANY thanks/KOL tuv/Richard (schwartz)
Please forward the PDFs of the complete text and the cover picture of my latest book, VEGAN REVOLUTION: SAVING OUR WORLD, REVITALIZING JUDAISM, to all your contacts, or at least those you think would be interested in it, perhaps along with this message. [You can get the Pdfs by emailing me at VeggieRich@gmail.com.] Also, please consider using Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media that you are involved with to let people know that they can get the complimentary PDFs by emailing me at VeggieRich@gmail.com. MANY thanks.
Why am I doing this? With the world threatened today as perhaps never before, I want to start many respectful dialogues that will increase awareness of the following:
* the world is rapidly approaching a climate catastrophe; because of self-reinforcing positive feedback loops (vicious cycles), the world may soon reach an irreversible tipping point, when climate change spins out of control, with disastrous consequences;
* shifts toward vegan diets are essential to efforts to avert such a catastrophe
- animal-based diets and agriculture are seriously inconsistent with basic Jewish teachings on preserving human health, treating animals with compassion, protecting the environment, conserving natural resources, helping hungry people, and pursuing peace;
- animal-based diets contribute significantly to the current epidemic of heart disease, cancer, and other life-threatening diseases;
- according to military experts, climate change increases chances for instability, terrorism, and war, as tens or possibly hundreds of millions of disparate, hungry, thirsty refugees flee from severe heat waves, droughts, wildfires, storms, floods, and other climate events;
- animal-based agriculture involves the very wasteful use of land, energy, water, and other valuable resources;
- it is scandalous that about 70% of the grain produced in the US and over a third produced worldwide is used to fatten farmed animals for slaughter, while millions of people worldwide die annually of hunger and its effects; what makes the situation even more shameful is that healthy foods – like corn, soy, and oats, high in fiber and complex carbohydrates and devoid of cholesterol and saturated fat – are fed to animals, producing very unhealthy foods with exactly the opposite characteristics.
- there has recently been a major increase in nutritious, delicious plant-based meat, dairy, and egg options;
- the current coronavirus epidemic and many past pandemics, including MERS, SARS, Ebola, swine flu, and avian flu, were caused by the widespread mistreatment and consumption of animals, so the best way to reduce risks of future pandemics is to shift toward vegan diets;
- it is essential that these issues become a major focus in the Jewish community and other communities.
With climate experts warning that the world may have only about ten years to make ‘unprecedented changes’ to avert a climate catastrophe, with glaciers, permafrost, and ice sheets rapidly melting, and severe climate events in the news almost daily, I hope getting my book to as many people as possible will help increase awareness of the urgency of immediate actions to help avert a climate catastrophe.
The reasons for my initiative are explained in more detail in my co-authored article (with Professor Dan Brook), “Climate Change: “An Existential Threat to Humanity and How We Can Survive,“ that was the cover story in a recent issue of the Jerusalem Report. It can be read by visiting https://www.jpost.com/jerusalem-report/climate-change-an-existential-threat-to-humanity-and-how-we-can-survive-643267?fbclid=IwAR3vPHn0RZK8N64qMcFcmd6yye1XkEdNV2WBp9xb4HjupvEbmQjaAmpdLLA
An article in the February 21 NY Times indicated that the severe storms and the blackouts afflicting Texas should be a wake-up call to the potential of nationwide dilates due to climate change. (https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/20/climate/united-states-infrastructure-storms.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage)
Below are links to the eight reviews that my book has received so far, thankfully all positive. I am also happy to report that there are so far 20 positive supporting messages about VEGAN REVOLUTION at Amazon with all 22 reviews there having 5-star ratings.
Comments and suggestions are very welcome.
ALL the best,
Here are the links to the eight reviews of VEGAN REVOLUTION.
1. Review in the Jerusalem Report
2. Review in the Jerusalem Post
3. Review by Rabbi Gabriel Coussens in Tikkun magazine
4. Review at the UK Jewish Vegetarian Society web page
The review appears after a short scroll down.
5. Review at the Vegetarian Resource Group (VRG) blog
6. Review at the PETA blog