Omer Torah Learning Resources
- Counting the Omer, Refining Ourselves: “Counting the Omer” offers an opportunity for strengthening and refining our character. As we will explore, this process also contains within it meaningful ways to address, from a spiritual place, some of the pressing issues of our time
- Counting the Omer: A Tool for Nature Consciousness: In addition to our historical understanding of Pesach as our Exodus from Egypt, the holiday also signified the start of the grain harvest. Thus, scripture portrays the Omer season as a time for awaiting the wheat harvest.
- "Counting the Omer, Refining Ourselves"/"The State of Our Land": printable Fact Sheet for the Omer with teachings on the Omer and facts about the Land of Israel
- The Jew and the Omer: Once we grow as spiritual beings, we can again refer back to our dimensions of space and time, in order that our souls contribute to the healing of the world.
There are nine Torah portions during the seven weeks of the Omer, many of which contain important lessons to help us understand our Jewish responsibility to protect the environment. (Why nine? Tazria-Metzora, Acharei Mot-Kedoshim, and Behar-Bechukotai are read together this year.)
Learn Torah each week of the Omer with the Eitz Chayim Hee Parsha Series:
1. Shemini: An Abundance of Fish
2. Tazria: Healing Ourselves, Healing Our Planet
4. Acherei Mot: Raising Up The Physical
5. Kedoshim: Stumbling Blocks
6. Emor: Our Relationship to Other Creatures
7. Behar: Mitzvah of Shemitah
8. Bechukotai: The Blessing of Rain
9. Bamidbar: Spiritual Lesson of the Desert
See all resources at Canfei Nesharim.org
Got something to say?
You must be logged in to post a comment.