Leadership Training at Hazon Food Conference, August 21
Are you educating the Jewish community about protecting the environment? Have you faced challenges with:
- motivating people into action?
- inspiring Jews who don’t have the same values as you?
- or moving a community into activism and shared commitment?
Jewcology is partnering with educators from Harvard University on a new leadership training intended to address these specific issues, in order to empower Jews who are seeking to educate Jewish communities about the importance of protecting the environment.
Date: Sunday August 21
Location: UC-Davis (University of California)
This leadership training was successfully delivered at the Kayam Beit Midrash on March 14 and the Teva Seminar on Jewish Environmental Education on June 2.
Now, we are bringing the training to the Hazon Food Conference!
The Hazon Food Conference (August 18-21) is the only place where farmers and rabbis, nutritionists and chefs, vegans and omnivores come together to explore the dynamic interplay of food, Jewish traditions, and contemporary life. Don’t miss four days of do-it-yourself food workshops, lectures, discussions, joyful Shabbat celebrations, kids & family programming, and delicious, consciously-prepared food.
The Jewcology Leadership Training will be delivered for the first time on the West Coast, a bonus day to the Hazon Food Conference. In this full-day session, we will:
- learn how to share the experiences and values that have led us to engage in Jewish environmental education and action
- gain skills to help us tell our personal stories in a way that connects us with others and clearly expresses our purpose, and
- practice using these values and commitments to connect with a wide range of individuals and groups, and to inspire a diversity of audiences to take meaningful, collective action.
Scholarships are available to support your participation in this program! Scholarships are available to those attending the full Hazon Food Conference and to Bonus Day participants. Deadline for scholarship applications: Friday, August 5. Apply for a scholarship
- Register for the entire Hazon Food Conference and Jewcology Public Narrative Leadership Training (Don’t forget to include the Jewcology Bonus Day in your registration)
- Register for the Jewcology Public Narrative Leadership Training ONLY (one day, August 21)
*This program is generously supported by the ROI Community global network of young Jewish innovators.*
Hazon is America’s largest Jewish environmental group. Hazon creates healthy and sustainable communities in the Jewish world and beyond through transformative experiences, thought leadership and capacity building.